Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Very End

So many things have come to an end, all signifying the end of the pregnancy. First, the baby died. Then, I found out about it. Then I started bleeding--the beginning of the end. Then the D&C removed the products of conception. I continued to bleed after the procedure.

But today I believe I can officially say the bleeding is done. There is no more physical evidence that I was ever pregnant. My belly and breasts have returned to their normal sizes. I don't know how much hCG is in my system--enough that I can feel hormonal fluctuations. But I don't really care; the levels are on their way down and will soon be zero. Now I wait for AF and hope it doesn't take forever.

It's over.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I completely missed the status change on Facebook, and I don't really keep tabs on blogs outside of LJ, but I noticed the note you just posted on Facebook and became concerned, so I found this. I obviously have no idea what you've been through with it, but I still want to offer peaceful and healing thoughts for you. Good luck with everything, and your new family will be in my thoughts.

***hugs***
Lindsay