Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Things I'm Glad I Hadn't Done Yet

This list goes hand-in-hand with "The Silver Lining," in that I was very glad there are certain things I hadn't done yet. Things that may have served as very painful reminders later on.

I did not:
  • Buy any baby clothes.
  • Take pictures of my belly. I had intended to start this pretty soon. My belly had already grown, but it was almost completely bloat--gross!
  • Buy any maternity clothes. Again, something I was going to start shortly.
  • Tell any of my piano students/parents about the pregnancy. (One knew because they're members at our church and heard us in the prayers.) That's at least one sector of people I didn't have to tell the bad news to.
  • Actually get around to moving things around for the nursery. It's still a fresh slate of horrible, disgusting mess we still have to sift through after moving in late August.
  • Sign up for classes at the hospital--birthing, newborn care, breastfeeding, etc. I had looked at the schedule the week before the m/c and had already decided on some dates in June, and we had already been told to sign up soon as classes fill up quickly. I thought it couldn't hurt to wait till after our next prenatal checkup (which never happened). I was right!
  • Buy or order extra fabric for my bridesmaid dress mentioned in the previous post. In fact, I still haven't picked up the dress!
  • Sign up on too many websites/mailing lists that may send me coupons/whatever around late August, expecting me to be a new mother requiring their services. At least I hope I'm not on any mailing lists.
  • Start any baby registries in anticipation of baby showers later on.
  • Buy any baby furniture or supplies, even though Target and other places had it all on sale a few weeks ago.
Maybe I have good intuition. Maybe I have a good sense of the "right time" to do certain things, and I don't let excitement and impatience lead me to do them too soon.

One thing's certain, I'm definitely a procrastinator. And, kids, let me tell you, sometimes it pays to be a procrastinator!

1 comment:

Katie, Oh Hi said...

All those things are ideas that we formally pregnant women thought about... I'm glad I wasn't the only one.
-Katie