Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Silver Lining

No longer being pregnant can simplify life in many ways. And there are some things I can be happy about:
  • I can drink beer again.
  • I will be able to fully enjoy the local culture (a.k.a. drink wine, etc.) when we travel to Spain this spring.
  • I won't have to spend beaucoup bucks getting my bridesmaid dress augmented for my good friend's wedding in late May.
  • I don't have to worry about my large girth and advanced pregnancy affecting summer travels.
  • We can take much more time to save money for a baby (assuming insurance covers the vast majority of all the impending medical expenses).
  • We don't have to worry about traveling with a newborn for the holidays.
  • I can refocus on exercise and diet to get down to a decent weight, as I intended to do before I got pregnant.
  • I can eat sushi.
But one thing I would like to make abundantly clear: I would give up all of these things in a tiny fetal heartbeat if I could only have my baby back.

2 comments:

Elephantschild said...

When a dear friend of mine was TTC, she kept a 2 liter bottle of Diet Coke (Caffeine & Nutrasweet!) on hand, which she'd crack open and consume when she'd get her ( . ) and realise she wasn't preggos that month.

If by any chance you do need that dress altered come May, talk to Mrs. Cantor. She knows a seamstress who will travel if food and fellowship is offered in lieu of travel expenses. ::giggle::

Susan K said...

Ah, good to know! I still have to pick up the dress and I have a feeling it will be too big....

Also, I kept drinking one can of Diet Coke a day while PG. I figured it would hurt me more to give it up than it would hurt the baby to have that little bit. Definitely doubled that after the m/c. :)