Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Next Step

I'm so glad I didn't have to wait too long to get to this point: I have been referred to an RE. Though I was expecting an MRI (and may still have one), I find myself very relieved that no more time is being wasted on tests ordered by someone who just doesn't have enough knowledge about my problem. So, goodbye for now, Dr. P and hello, Dr. M!

The person who called me this morning (another office monkey, I don't know if it was a nurse or what), said my uterus is bicornuate. She pronounced it "bi-corny-it." I still refuse to believe that's the final answer. I know for a fact that the ONLY 100% reliable diagnosis is the "gold standard" laparascopy/hysteroscopy combination. Unless surgery confirms complete bicornuate, I choose to believe I have a treatable problem. I'm so happy that I'll be able to make a list of all my questions and have a hope of getting them all answered by a person who specializes in uterine abnormalities and surgery!

My appointment is May 13, three weeks from today. Again, I wait patiently. I realized after my last post that I have reached some kind of mental equilibrium. I find I worry less and less about what's going to happen as I gently oscillate between waiting with mild depression and waiting with patience and optimism. I feel pretty confident right now that I'll be able to wait out the next three weeks with optimism.

Three weeks really isn't long to wait to see an RE. I have a lot to keep me busy in the meantime. I can stay positive.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope that this new doctor will give you the answers you need. I feel bad that you keep having to endure medical tests!

Newt said...

I'm so glad you're moving forward. This all sounds very positive, and whatever the diagnosis--I got your back!