Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HSG Follow-up

Just a quick post today.

I finally got a call from Dr. P's office today. They basically confirmed everything I had suspected. The left tube didn't open, so they will do a pelvic ultrasound to determine whether it's a simple blockage or not. If it is, I'll be referred to another doctor who will "take care of it and [I] can become pregnant." If not? ...I don't know. If it's not a simple blockage, does that mean it doesn't exist? I suppose that's a "wait and see" item.

The lady on the phone also talked about uteruses that are shaped "differently" and they're called "bicornuate." Mmmhmm. I refrained from the urge to explain MAs to her. I had been warned that doctors use "bicornuate" as a catch-all term. Anywho, I asked about the shape of my uterus itself (I'm not as concerned about the tube since I know I have one that works well) and she said "it's bicornuate," then hedged and said the ultrasound will show everything that's going on. I hope that's true.

Here's the absolute best news: I already talked to the imaging center who will do the ultrasound (the staff were really nice!) and they had available appointments for TOMORROW! Hooray. I can't say I'm actually excited to learn more; I'm still a little bit afraid at each step in this journey, but I'm really glad that I won't have more than one night to sit and dissect everything I found out from Dr. P.

10:30 tomorrow. Here's hoping everything looks normal on the outside (two ovaries, two tubes and a normal-shaped uterus). I can deal with things that aren't normal on the inside.

1 comment:

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

Oh yay! It's so soon!
i'm praying already.