Thursday, July 16, 2009

Email #3

from Susan K
to [close family members]
date Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 5:40 PM
subject Another Good Day!


Hello, Family!

Today was my first second appointment ever. It certainly felt good not to have it canceled like the others. I was still nervous, however. I was glad to bring along my mom, who helped me talk out my nerves through the inevitable wait. When the doctor finally came in, she set to work right away to find the heartbeat with the Doppler machine. We heard some static right away and I thought I heard a faint beating which could have been my own heartbeat, and she said it might be too early to hear. As she started to look at her watch to check the rate, the wand turned slightly and we heard something much louder. After a little more searching, we heard it! The beautiful swish-swish-swish-swish of a little baby heartbeat. The nice doctor said, "Oh, hello baby!" and we knew it was a good day. The doctor also told me to start looking for a pediatrician. I guess that might be because I'm probably having a baby. Weird!

So we couldn't go straight home after that! We had to celebrate with some shopping. I finally had permission from myself to get my first article of maternity clothing, and can't wait to wear my super comfy, stretchy new capris for the rest of the summer. :)

Can't wait to see you all!

Love,
Susan

3 comments:

Newt said...

Susan, that's fantastic! Hallelujah! I'm so thrilled for you and Erich and your strong little one. Enjoy your capris and be well!

cowboyboot lady said...

That is such great news! I am so very happy and excited for you! Looking forward to hearing more!

Anonymous said...

yeah! why look for a pediatrician now? we didn't start until the week before Katze arrived, and then didn't find the one we're using until two days later!