Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Tomorrow, I get to the six week mark! This pregnancy is moving slowly because I'm anxious to get out of the first trimester, but I really can't complain. I'm happy it's still going. Plus, WOW, did my symptoms suddenly show up! I wasn't worried about the mildness of my pregnancy symptoms earlier because I knew it was still very early. In my first pregnancy, I had nothing that made me feel far out of the normal range until about 5.5 weeks.

Well, as of Thanksgiving Day, I was 5w4d and started to notice a major onset of symptoms. My yucky bloat turned into major bloat--certainly helped by the large meal. My tiredness has turned into major fatigue. And I'm pretty sure I've grown at least half a cup size in just a few days. I FEEL pregnant, and it's wonderful.

But, Erich and I, the receptionist at my doctor's office, and the girls on thebump.com are still the only ones who know I'm in the family way. We got together with Erich's entire extended family for Thanksgiving--36 people in all. We knew we wouldn't be announcing any news at this gathering. I know the family will be so excited, but I can't imagine that everyone would be able to hide their apprehension. Heck, I'm still nervous. So we enjoyed having our little secret, though I was surprised at the number of times I had to suppress little urges to exclaim, "We're pregnant!!"

Anyway, I wish I would be further along than 9.5 weeks at Christmas, but nonetheless, that's when we've decided to tell our families. I just hope it's at a time when everyone, including me, can be purely excited and not too worried that this one will end the same way as the last. I mean, I know it CAN'T end the exact same way, i.e. baby getting choked out by uterine septum, but this is a touchy subject now, thanks to all my reproductive baggage.

There is just no erasing my happiness, above all. I love that my current worries are of the somewhat trivial nature, compared to worries as to whether I would ever get pregnant again or have kids. And I LOVE the fact that I'm virtually six weeks along with no signs of anything but a healthy, normal pregnancy. Praise the Lord!

No comments: