Saturday, November 1, 2008

Another Septum Resection

Thursday night I managed to procure three pumpkins for carving. Actually, I really just wanted the seeds, but if you're going to cut open pumpkins, you may as well make jack-o-lanterns, right?

Why am I telling you this? Because one of the pumpkins had a definite septum! It was broad and three-pronged near the base and extended up into the cavity of the gourd. I successfully resected it by hacking away at it with a steak knife.

Happy Halloween!

4 comments:

Newt said...

Oh gosh, how funny. Oy, our senses of humor get dark after a while, don't they?

Hope you're well!

admin said...

I once peeled a bicornuate potato:)

Kristin (kekis) said...

Did you send that pumpkin a massive bill showing what insurance didn't cover?

Jess said...

Dr. Susan Keller, medicine woman! LOL