Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Mantras

On the nest thebump.com, the ladies at the Success After a Loss message board have list of mantras, which I shall repost here (cleaned up for grammar and structure, because that's the kind of girl I am):

Today I am pregnant and I love my baby.

I am pregnant until someone tells me otherwise.

My past does not dictate my future. A previous loss does not mean I will have another loss.

Just because something sad is happening to someone else, does not mean it will happen to me. Miscarriage and complications are not contagious!

Hope does not make bad things happen. I cannot "jinx" my pregnancy by creating a ticker, getting excited, or telling someone. Live in the positive!

And this is the hardest one: There is nothing I can do to prevent a miscarriage from happening. Worrying myself sick won't prevent a miscarriage. And if, God forbid, it were to happen again, I know I will survive.

No comments: