Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Next Biggest Viral Video

....NOT. I tried to make Erich watch this, and he just couldn't quite stomach it. Me? I found it fascinating. That's a little weird because I'm the one who can't watch a needle go into my skin.

Thanks to Google (we're friends again after our love/hate relationship), I found these totally awesome videos of real, live septum resections. It's what they're going to do to me tomorrow!

Enjoy:

http://www.layyous.com/root%20folder/hysteroscopy_videoclips.htm



Also, Dr. M still rocks my world. I had a few questions for him, so I sent them to him electronically through his really cool website, and he called me back yesterday evening and cheerfully answered them all in detail. I think he may be the best doctor I've ever had for anything. :)

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I watched the upper left one. Wow! While this may not quite make me go back on my decision to be a bio teacher instead of a surgeon, the video moved me a wee bit into the surgeon direction.

Not gross in the least! :)

admin said...

I hope you are at home resting up - post-resection - as I type this. Take care of yourself, be lazy, and take the pain meds if you need them. It is an exciting thing to know that you have just made a round fundus out of one that was once split in two.

Congrats on all the new square centimeters you gained today!!!!

Meredith