Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Little Math

My first pregnancy ended at 12 weeks. My second ended at 9 weeks. 12+9=17.

Okay, okay, they were both missed abortions. (Cruelty, utter cruelty!) So if we count how long the babies lived, let's go with 9 weeks for the first pregnancy, and 6 for the second. There was no baby visible in the second, but at six weeks there would only be a fetal pole, which is small enough to disintegrate in three weeks' time. So I'm assuming I had a baby until about six weeks, since that's how big the sac was.

9+6=15.

My point is, I have been pregnant with a living baby for a total of 15 weeks. Shouldn't this give me a free pass to go directly to the breathe-easy second trimester next time? I've put in my time worrying through first trimesters. Been there, done that. My next BFP should make me 15 weeks pregnant. It's only fair!

Why don't the BFP gods ever pay attention to what's fair?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a good plan! No one should have to go through the 1st trimester twice without getting a baby in the end. Cruel is the right word!

jessica @pianomomsicle said...

i'm so sorry, big!
i'm just getting caught up on blog reading and it started at oldest (like december something) and i was like "yay!" and then "no".
i'm terribly, horribly sorry for you, my friend. i'm praying for you.