Thursday, March 27, 2008

Optimism

I'm going to try something new. I'm going to try thinking/assuming that everything is going to work out just fine, at least in the short term.

The bad news is that AF did not show last week, but the good news is that she is not here yet! We're leaving for Spain today and I'll be gone for 9 days. So if she holds off till at least Saturday, I will definitely be home for the HSG window. I'm thinking my chances are good. Plus, based on what I've read, it's not taking abnormally long to get AF after a m/c.

(Here's the thing, though: I've been having phantom pregnancy symptoms for the past few days! Nothing major, and nothing that couldn't possibly be PMS, but it's still a little freaky. Examples: when I was pregnant, I was fatigued like crazy, I had vivid dreams, and I got tonsil stones constantly. [I won't link to the Wikipedia article on tonsil stones: search at your own risk. They're very gross.] So I've been pretty darn fatigued lately, I've had a few vivid dreams, and I woke up Sunday morning coughing up a tonsil stone. Oh, and I've had to pee waaaay more than average lately. I've tested three times, all BFN, though one turned positive outside the time window. I have one test left, which I'm taking to Spain to use when I feel necessary. Pregnancy would be extremely unlikely right now, but see this post for my views on the odds. "Very unlikely" doesn't mean as much to me any more. I'm 99% sure I'm not pregnant, which is a great relief, but it sure is hard not to want to be pregnant. That is the goal, right?)

Yes, optimism. Patience. Going with the flow (hahahaha, pun!). I'm all over it.

No comments: