Friday, August 21, 2009

Fourth Appointment

Now that the wonderment of actually getting to go to my scheduled second appointment has faded, these regular appointments are getting to be pretty boring. And that makes me happy. :)

I was also glad to have an afternoon appointment--the office is much less crazy in the afternoon than in the morning. Today was pretty routine. Lily's heart rate was 152 and found easily on the Doppler, and Dr. J confirmed that everything looks fine and normal from the ultrasound. And the nurse gave me a small bottle of glucola for my next appointment.

I'm not looking forward to fasting for my gestational diabetes test, but I know it's an important test, especially since I have family history of diabetes. I've also heard that the glucola is pretty gross, but we'll see. Luckily, they scheduled me for an 8:45am appointment so I don't have to fast through the morning. I have to drink the elixir within 15 minutes an hour before the appointment. I'm expecting Erich to be Harry Potter to my Dumbledore at the end of Half-Blood Prince, making sure I drink it all so we can be sure I'm healthy.

The bigger task at hand is keeping that little bottle of orange potion safe in the next four weeks. I keep having visions of accidentally grabbing it and drinking it. As if!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That orange stuff is disgusting! Good luck!