Thursday, May 14, 2009

'Tis the Season

...for anniversaries. I had one yesterday: it's been one year since my first appointment with the RE, Dr. M.

It's funny, I wasn't planning on it, but I went out to the area of town near his office, which is rare. I stopped by Bath & Body Works because I wanted something that smells good, and I went to the Walgreens to get a Neti Pot and cough drops because I seem to be catching every virus that comes my way this season. And between these errands, I contemplated what I've been through since one year ago, when I was in hopeless limbo, still worried about whether I would ever have children.

I haven't seen Dr. M since my follow-up appointment last July after my surgery. The last thing he told me was to let him know when I get pregnant and have a baby and to send pictures. I know he would just love to add me to the photo album and count me as one of his success stories, but I still took hope from that. I knew it wouldn't be long.

Well, it wasn't terribly long until I got pregnant, but I never did notify him before I had another miscarriage. And now, it's been so long I hardly even think about my RE experience any more. But my outing yesterday reminded me of my hope and determination to be one of his success stories. I know I can have kids, even though I have trouble believing it sometimes, and when I do, it will be thanks to Dr. M, who made my uterus a hospitable place for a baby.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is kind of unrelated, but the neti-pot ROCKS! It's not as effective as good ol' sudafed, but it definitely helps. Once you get past the awkwardness of using it, that is.

admin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Will be thinking about you over the coming weeks:)
Meredith

Bernardeena said...

A belated happy birthday to you too. A good time of year for a birthday, what a coincidence that we are both exactly the same age!

I hope this year to come is a better one for you and that this time next year you will be posting about it being 2 years since your origional RE appointment but with a completely different ending.